Saturday, March 24, 2007

AT LAST. . .


Finally our colloquium was done. I have come to realize the importance of having the series of colloquia in our Electronic Newsroom class. I have gained a lot of information from these. Even I’m a mass communication student my knowledge now is not just limited or focuses to what is just necessary for my course. I learned something from various field like education, sports, military, philosophy and literature, health and medicine, fashion and entertainment, politics and business.

Listening to these people whose expertise in their chosen fields is a great fulfillment for us.


To our teacher Mrs. Virginia Bautista thank you for letting us experience the interesting series of colloquia for our classroom discussions. It allows personal information to be shared between participants in a particular topic.

However, our colloquium didn’t turned out to be successful and satisfying in some ways there are still some things lacking. . . I would suggest that organizers should prepare very well before he/she will conduct a colloquium and must considered some problems that may arise and be prepared for possible solution. Some colloquium also turned out to be so boring I think it would be better if the colloquium will be done in a lively manner not just a question and answer portion thing… And its best if there are many audiences that will also participate in the discussion so the invited speakers will be inspired in talking not just in a small group of people.

2 comments:

fridiane anne said...

Hi Rendy, I know it's such a relief to know that everything’s done now. Although it can be tiring I have learned so much from our colloquium and we'll sure benefit from that. We had a lot of speakers who thought as so many things in this past few weeks and it's an honor for us to be a part of this. I guess all the work was worth it. ;)

joycem said...

Yup we're almost done but I'm not yet convinced that we're totally done. We still have to face another level in fourth year hay! It's rally brain damaging hehe. Third year is really a toxic year for me.. but I can't believe we are done with those colloquia we had. Youre right it's really a good experience it serves as our advenced training for our future career.. hope we still have fun productions. I now appreciate our course